The kit features 22 resin parts, 21 white metal parts, 2 vacuformed canopies, decals, instructions.
In August 1944 the Gotha Aircraft Company was given the job of series production of the Horten brothers' Ho IX all-wing fighter, which would be known as the Horten Ho 229. After receiving the plans and design data, Gotha engineers found some areas for improvement. The Ho 229 was limited in space to install new equipment or to add more crew members. More importantly, since the engines were to be enclosed in the wing, different engines could not be fitted without extensive aerodynamic testing, which was not possible time wise considering the worsening war situation for Germany. The Gotha designers, proposed an alternate all-wing design. The basic construction was to be a welded steel tube frame covered by plywood and "Formholz", a molded and formed wood sheathing. The Gotha Go P.60A-2 was a flying wing that was powered by two BMW 003 turbojet engines located under the fuselage and mounted side-by-side. Three fuel tanks were enclosed within the wings, one 1200 liter (317 gallon) tank in each outer wing panel and one 1200 liter (317 gallon) tank behind the cockpit. The pressurized and armored cockpit, located in the extreme nose, held two men who were in a prone (lying down) position. The prone position had the advantage of allowing the crew to withstand G-forces better. Tricycle undercarriage was retracted into the central body. Wing tips were fitted with two small rectangular fins. Armament was to be four MK 108 30mm machine cannon.